Saturday, February 16, 2013

A little bit of old school on a rainy Brisbane day.... Greg Dries Moods Photography, Shooting with Film

I decided a few months ago it would be nice to take a step back & shoot some images that required time & consideration....  images that I wouldn't be able to view instantly,  images that required a little more thought when it comes to the technical side of photo taking.. particularly when the camera being used is 30 plus years old... Yes I'm talking old school... capture some images using film....  no instant preview or histograms....

5 rolls of film arrived a few days ago so this morning I dusted off my absolute favourite camera ( we own over 20) a little 35mm rollei I bought secondhand about 20 years ago....

Over a fabulous breakfast with a group of close friends I took 5 photos.... Yes only 5, had I been using a digital camera it would have been 45.....

So over the next couple of weeks I will casually shoot away very selectively.   When I have exposed the last of the 36 frames, we will then send the film off for processing & wait anxiously for the results.... fingers crossed....

Hopefully we can share some cool images with you over the coming weeks....


Cheers Greg

NB: these images were taken with an Olympus Pen (digital) ....






















our good friend greg trying a little old school......



the Rollei 35 was the second smallest camera built for 
a number of years, second to the tiny Minox....




No comments: